Monday, February 25, 2013

My boobs are irresistible to men- Adediwura Adesegha

6:42 AM

adediwura
With many movie roles to her credit, articulate and beautiful script interpreter, Adediwura Adesegha, stands among the rising movie stars who are being tipped to take over from the established acts.
The English graduate of University of Lagos attained her present height on the heels of her talent; focus, commitment as well as determination that make her excel in whatever she does.
The Entertainer engaged the crossover actress in an interview session and so much was uncovered about her. She spoke about her career, why she’s not a desperate actress and why she’s producing her own movie. She also revealed the reason why she feels her boobs are her assets. Excerpts:
What have you been doing lately because you seldom appear in movies these days?
I have been working, so I am a little bit surprised by that. Although, it has not been an everyday thing, I grab each opportunity as it comes. I have some of my works that have just been released in the market. There are movies I have been working on, while some are out, some are yet to be released.

Some are also of the opinion that you do Yoruba movies only?
That is totally incorrect. Although, I do more of Yoruba stuff because that is where I find myself. I also do take part in English productions but they are mainly soap operas. I take part in Eldorado by Fidelis Duker and there are some others in the pipeline as I speak with you. So, those who say or think I do only Yoruba movies are wrong.
You appear like one who is not really driven by passion. Is it so?
The passion to be an actress is based on how you want to portray yourself as an actress. Some actresses might want recognition by all means but that does not apply to me. What I do is that I want people to talk about me; I want people to call me and not me forcing myself on them. I don’t want a situation whereby people will feel so assured of my attendance at an event, even when they don’t know if I will be coming or not.  So, its not that my passion for the industry is not strong, the fact is that if you become a regular face at parties and events, even the media men who write about you will start looking for new faces to write about. So, you won’t catch me doing that because I have my dignity and pride. Let me give you a scenario, some months back, I celebrated my birthday and a lot of big names were in attendance, and I wondered if I had reached that level to attract such personalities. That is how it should be.
How would describe yourself now because you used to describe yourself as upcoming?
Naturally, everyone would like to elevate him or herself.  Presently, I am in the third level because I see it as a level thing. It can be likened to a child that is just born; the child will not crawl the same day he or she is born. In the same vein, its not the day the child crawls that he or she will walk, so it is all about life stages. But some people don’t want to crawl before they walk. I am in the third level simply because I am about to produce my own movie. My first level was rough, but I learnt and mixed up with people. I tried to force myself on them in a descent way by befriending them. But at the second level, I started getting jobs, some lead roles and other sub-roles. My third level now is how to elevate myself. I want to do things for myself. I want to do things for people and society too. When I produce my movie, premiere and sell it, then I can confidently say I am at the forefront.
We have something we call a plot in every movie. There is expository level where you expose yourself, there is rising action and that is where I am now and there is also the climax. After the climax, you have falling action. This is a fact and people who have gone to school to be educated in movie production will tell you this. Actresses like Liz Benson had their climax then, while Funke Akindele is in her climax now, she will still get to her falling action because other people will grow. That’s a fact when it comes to this job
Will it be right to say that actresses such as Bukky Wright and Fathia Balogun are now in the ‘falling action’?
Yes, if you say that, you will be right. At a point, nobody knew Funke Akindele but now she’s in her climax as an actress. Genevieve Nnaji, Liz Benson, Fathia Balogun, Joke Silva and even Bukky Wright have all had their climaxes, but presently they are in the falling action. They will still get to resolution because it is how you manage the line of action that matters.
What is your view on how far an actress should interpret a script?
It all depends on the kind of job you are doing and the kind of roles you are interpreting. For me, it gets to a point that you tell your producer if you don’t like the way they are portraying you. It’s not that I am being proud but it will get to a point when you tell your producer, ‘this is what I can do’. I want to give back to the society that has made me, but I want to do it in the most appropriate way. The kind of people you associate with also tells a lot about you. There was a time a certain university wanted to do a programme and asked some of the young ladies in the university to pick a female role model  and when this girl mentioned a name in the movie industry, they simply told her that that person was not a good role model. It would interest you that the name that was mentioned was a top actress in the movie industry and although the media sees her as a top actress, the fact remains that her image is bad. So, it tells you a lot about the kind of movie industry we have. Don’t get me wrong here, not all actresses are bad.
Is there any part of your body you consider as your greatest asset, the part men can’t resist?
We have the physical aspect and the spiritual and other aspects that surround that question. When we talk about physical attributes, it has to do with my shape, it has to do with whatever you think you can flaunt. For example, at a nightclub where you are expected to dress in a manner that portrays a club girl, in that case, I think I have something I should be able to flaunt. I have got boobs (laughs). On a serious note, it has to do with your educational background. You have to be educated. The way the world is going now, you must be talented and outspoken. You must be an extrovert and must be able to face challenges. I think I have a sound educational background and so too are my physical attributes. So, I am well packaged.
You must be having it tough with men because of your shape and boobs. How do you handle that?
My boobs and shape do get me attracted to men just like it happens to every other lady that have got it but I think I have been able to handle it well. Besides, it is really no big deal to get advances from men because it’s like a daily routine, but its left to you as a lady to be responsible and respect yourself.
You have been able stay without scandals, what is the secret?
What is considered as scandals for actresses mostly is their relationship with men. The ability to control what you do is important and I don’t see why my affair with men should create scandals for me, it’s a matter of choice. If you want to play along and if you feel otherwise, you play yourself out of the game.
When would you get married?
Having a man to oneself is another job entirely. You have to search, open your eyes and pray. Its not something you just say ‘okay, I love him’, while what you have for him is not real. Some will be in love at the beginning but later, as the year rolls by, the love goes off. As regards when I will marry, I will keep you posted.
How often do you have sex?
I read in a magazine that if you can have sex like three times in a week or more, it’s really another form of exercise. So, sex is good. But how often I have it is personal and not for the public to know (laughter).
Tell us more about the movie you want to shoot?
Basically, it’s a project I want to use to launch myself as a producer. The storyline will be about trust and how you get to be stabbed in the back by a person you trust.
What is unique about the movie?
There is no storyline that has not been done before. However, it depends on how you interpret, produce and present it to the people. This is because at the end of the day, people might not even look at it as something that has been done before; rather, they will see the uniqueness in your own job.
Do you have a working title for the movie?
It will be titled 7pm. But we are having a challenge in picking a date to role tape. However, we are not rushing things because we want to do things properly.
Don’t you think it’s too early for you to become a producer?
I don’t want to believe there should be a particular number of years one must have spent in the industry before producing a movie. We have seen people who don’t belong to the industry that are producers; so, I really do not see any big deal in it. However, I will totally subscribe to the idea that whatever that is being done should be of standard. Having said that, before you decide you want to do a particular thing, you would have searched yourself and asked if you are ready for it. This is because there is nothing you do in this world that does not have its ups and downs. You have to face challenges. The fact that some people produced their first movies and they tell you that they don’t think they want to produce any more because of challenges they faced does not deter me. So, yes, I am ready for this new road and its challenges. Besides, it has become a kind of trend in the industry that you are considered progressing when you start producing your own movies and I don’t want to be left out, especially, when I am convinced that I have got the wherewithal to be a producer. Also, I can tell you that my fans will not be disappointed when the job is concluded.

Written by

We are Creative Blogger Theme Wavers which provides user friendly, effective and easy to use themes. Each support has free and providing HD support screen casting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013 CODED Issues.All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism

Back To Top