Saturday, June 8, 2013

Fire guts boys hostel at Madonna University Okija campus, students injured

10:07 PM



Last night, a room at Saint Peters boys hostel in the Okija campus of Madonna University was gutted by fire, trapping three students. One of the students, (pictured above) was badly burnt when help didn't come on time. Students in the hostel say they couldn't help on time because there was little water, no fire extinguisher, no sand and there was only one exit from the building. Students were seen trying to jump from the 4th and 5th floor of the hostel when fire engulfed the building. Thankfully no death was recorded though one student had second degree burns and is in hospital.

Students say the fire was caused by faulty electrical connections in the hostel and are blaming the school authority.

Update: Just heard one of the students has died. See photos after the cut...
Check out more pics





Written by

We are Creative Blogger Theme Wavers which provides user friendly, effective and easy to use themes. Each support has free and providing HD support screen casting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013 CODED Issues.All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism

Back To Top