Thursday, August 22, 2013

#CODED-ish News:: Rugged Man To Mode9: “Get Another Job Or Adapt”

8:25 AM

All these rappers and their beef sef. Mode 9 and Rugged Man have always been on different sides of the coin and that doesn’t look like it’s going to change.

I reported how Mode 9 was on HotFM’s Breakfast Radio Show last week and complained bitterly about how no one even cared that he dropped an album. Fellow rapper, Ruggedman replied Mode 9′s complain.

Firstly, Mode 9 said;
You see how the industry is’ how do you expect me to feel? ‘Nigerians don’t like hip hop they only follow the hype, they don’t even know what it is’. I only cater for my real fans; I don’t really care about the fair weather, band wagon jumpers ‘I cater for my fans and they are feeling it’ i have put up too much effort in promotion of my materials’. “It’s just some certain people in their minds feeling that I’m not doing well’ I have decided I am going to attack anybody who calls me up and asks ‘where have you been?’

I have attacked everyone that has done that, I am not afraid of anybody. It’s just the way they think. If your music is not playing in clubs then you are not putting out the best. My music is not club music; I didn’t put out a club album. Real fans of Mode 9 know where it’s happening and know how to get it. They’ve seen it on TV and they loved it. So I think I’m doing a great job. Imagine you doing all this and someone walking up to you and asking, common where’ve you been? Imagine how bad you’ll feel after spending millions of naira to promote yourself from your own pocket.”

Then Ruggedman ;
Basically if you are an entertainer you can’t do music for yourself that’s why you are an entertainer.If People you are made to entertain are not entertained, you should do one of two things…get another job or adapt’ am not saying this to be funny or anything’. If something is not working anymore the least you can do is try and adopt to what’s up’‘

Even in America at a point it was all Eastside …then Westside, you can’t do anything about it, if youcan’t shape up, you shape out’I actually started writing ‘ehen’song in English but paul play advised me ‘you are in Nigeria,make music for Nigerians, add the local language so people could understand, I put a little comedy to it by bringing in Normoloss, ‘It’s not about how good you are but how smart you are.

I have said it ‘i don’t want to be ‘he can rap kinda artist’ but ‘to be a successful artist’. ‘Switching your style doesn’t make you any less of a human cos at the end of the day ‘what you have achieved is what would be asked.”

Written by

We are Creative Blogger Theme Wavers which provides user friendly, effective and easy to use themes. Each support has free and providing HD support screen casting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013 CODED Issues.All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism

Back To Top