Monday, April 7, 2014

#CODED-ish News:: I Was Pushed To Steal Bcos of My Kids School Fees ––Udeme

2:19 PM

Suspects Udeme

IN THIS NIGERIA THAT PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN AND MADAM NGOZI-OKONJO-IWEALA SAID OUR ECONOMY IS NOW THE BIGGEST IN AFRICA, MEN WHO ARE WORKING ARE FINDING IT HARD TO PAY CHILDREN SCHOOL FEES. WHAT THEN IS THE FATE OF THOSE MEN WHO ARE JOBLESS? WHEN YOUR OWN GOVERNMENT LIE TO YOU, JUST KNOW YOU ARE IN TROUBLE!

As you read this, a big truck assistant has been arrested by Special Anti-Robbery Squad in Lagos for stealing a truck and two containers belonging to his employers, Samcham Holdings Limited.
In his confession, the man, Udeme Udoton, said: “I was a farmer in Akwa Ibom, but recently relocated to Lagos and got a job with a transport company in Mile 2 area of the state. A few weeks after I started working with the company, my friends from Akwa Ibom started putting all sorts of ideas into my head.
“I earn N5,000 a month and I wanted my children to attend a good school.”

 But why should any company pay a man N5,000 as monthly salary for 31 days? Is that not wickedness?
Udeme said, “They [his friends] told me to get them empty cargo containers whenever I had the chance to. I rebuffed them, but on February 8, 2014, I don’t know what came over me. I think my friends hypnotised me over the telephone.
“On that day, we had gone to convey some containers from Sango Ota in Ogun State down to Mile 2 and when I got the opportunity, I fled with the truck and the two containers. I drove down to Akwa Ibom and sold the containers for N100,000 each.
“After selling the containers, my eyes were opened. When I realised what I had done, I decided to return the truck to my employers, but I was scared. So I decided to continue using the truck for my personal business.”
The suspect said he used the money in paying his three children’s school fees. “I used part of the money to pay school fees which was a total of N30, 000,” he told Punch.
The 28-year-old Udeme was arrested by SARS operatives in his home town where he was using the truck for transport business to feed his family.
Police say he would be charged to court and probably sentenced to prison. His family will be the worst for it.

Written by

We are Creative Blogger Theme Wavers which provides user friendly, effective and easy to use themes. Each support has free and providing HD support screen casting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2013 CODED Issues.All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism

Back To Top